IR is a main support to the ICT industry and enriches the development and regulation of the field market. It guarantees that the relevant State plans are adequately poised to achieve the socio-economic development objectives. The department enables of benefiting from the pertinent international efforts in addition to fulfilling international obligations.
The international community is striving to make the optimum benefit of the onset of the late 20th century ICT revolution and its ensuing active role in all aspects of social, economic and human development, in addition to its vital role in leading various globalization efforts.
International relations objectives
- Support the upgrading of ICT industry.
- Continuous development of the ICT sector in Sudan.
- Human resource development in the field of ICT through exchange of experience.
- Develop the awareness of the Sudanese citizen about the common, worldwide activities such as unification of standards, environmental issues, cyber-security and building of knowledge society.
- Meet the State compliance to international and regional organizations and pertinent entities in the field.
- Fulfill the State financial contribution to international and regional entities.