Establishment And Constitution of the Board
There shall be established a board for the management of the Corporation and to assume its affairs and to exercise on its behalf thereof all the duties and powers entrusted to the Corporation . The Board shall be constituted, by a decision of the Council of Ministers upon a recommendation thereof, by the Competent Minister, as follows:
- None full time chairman.
- The director general.
- Members representing the competent and concerned entities.
No combination of the post of the Chairman and the post of Director General shall take place.
Functions and Powers of the BoardThe board shall have the following powers and functions ; namely to:
- Lay down the general policy of the Corporation ,supervise, reviews its businesses , strive to achieve its objectives and exercise its powers thereof on sound grounds .
- Manage the Corporation businesses and undertake its tasks and functions.
- Appoint the employees of the Corporation in grade ІІІ and above .
- Conclude contracts and agreements on behalf of the Corporation .
- Approve the annual budget of the Corporation and refer to the competent authorities for approval.
- Propose the terms and conditions of the service of the employees to the Competent Minister who shall , after approval of the Minister , refer the same to the Council of Ministers for approval.
- Form the technical committees needed to assist the Board in exercising the Corporation’s duties and functions ,in the achievement of its objectives and in the practice of its functions and powers.
- Prepare the regulatory and functional structure of the Corporation and refer to the Competent Minister for the completion of approval procedures .
- Receive complaints from any person against any service provider licensed by the Corporation and take measures for dealing with such complaints in accordance with the provisions of this Act and its By-laws .
- Issue the internal rules of procecture for organizing its work and meetings.
- Any other functions or powers necessary for management of the Corporation.
The board may delegate any of its powers to the Director General, his deputies, assistants or any of the members of the Board with such terms and conditions as the Board deems fit .