National numbering plan
Objectives of the plan:
- Expansion of numbering capacities to remove bottlenecks in the capacities of the existing mobile phone operators currently in force by the Numbering Plan .
- Provide opportunities for the possibility of entry of new operators in the field of mobile and fixed phones.
- The allocation of codes to meet the needs of personal numbers.
- Accommodate any future new technologies.
- Abolition of the geographic numbering system for fixed-line.
- Maintain the current numbers of subscribers without any amendment.
- Allocation numbering groups to be able to accommodate new services and the allocation of toll-free numbers
- Increase the length of the numbering from 9 digits to 10 digits by adding a numberafter the international key (249) represents the code shows the type of the service and indicated by (T).
- Merge the symbols used in the previous plan to determine the type of service (ST) and the symbol of the operator (OP) to be one key component consist of the two numbers stands for the operator (P), and that ensures the possibility of absorbing a large number of operators in each service type and also maintains the numbering capacities allocated in each the numbering bezel, and is 10,000,000 number.
- Increase the length of the numbering in this manner maintains the same numbering of the subscriber.
- The proposed plan allows the possibility of providing more than one numbering bezel for each operator of the existing operators.