Basic Rules of the Consultation Process
NTC shall adopt the following rules:
1. Before the consultation process:
Whenever possible, informal discussion forums will be held with stakeholders before commencing large-scale consultations in order to be sure of the conformity of lines of thought. if time available does not permit such forums, a public session will be held as soon as the consultation process is promulgated.
2. During the consultation process:
- NTC shall explain the consultation subject matter, the stated questions and the time frame.
- Consultation document shall be short and as simple as possible with a brief account in Arabic. Should the consultation subject be of complex nature, a brief and plain guide shall be issued to enable of responding as quickly as possible.
- Consultation time frame shall be defined according to the assessed impact of the subject on corporate bodies, individuals and the market.
- NTC shall delegate an authorized person to ensure her commitment to these guiding procedures and to access as many relative stakeholders as possible. He shall be responsible of receiving public opinions about how NTC deals with the consultation process.
- Whenever NTC could not heed her commitments, a due explanation shall be issued.
3. After the consultation process:
To let all parties’ points of views publicly available, NTC shall post all received responses on her web site.