Specifications & standards
It is the Sudanese regulatory body for communications , its duties is to protect the consumers’ interests by supporting fair and effective competition among operators.
NTC is working to establish and adopt standards and specifications that govern the telecommunications sector , striving to integrate and connect its networks and preparations , by monitor and measure its applications quality , services and reliability, seeking to fulfill all its services beneficiaries.
It applies the Standards and specifications which were internationally and regionally agreed on machinery and equipment and structures to ensure high level of services quality and consumer protection.
- To issue licenses to import and market Premises Equipment.
- To examine and release Customer Premises Equipment.
- To ensure the implementation of applicable specifications into telecom structures (towers, optic cables, etc.).
- To issue equipment type approval.
- To set and measure service quality indicators.
- Customer protection issues and relevant dispute resolution and consultation.
- To participate in relevant national committees and international events.
- To respond rapidly to complaints and inquiries.