Officially, Sudan hosted the AfriNIC-17 meeting
Khartoum, NTC Tower, from 24 to 30 November 2012
This event was Hosted by the National Telecommunications Corporations
- It was held in the period from 24th and 29th November 2012. There were more than 150 onsite delegates all over Africa. Many others had remotely participated.
- During the meeting, there had been many trainings, such as : IPv6 for Managers, IPv6 for Engineers, IPv6 for Decision Makers, CSIRT for Managers, CSIRT for Technical Staff, DNSSEC, and INRM were conducted. There was an Operators Day during which operators had shared experiences, successes, and challenges facing them in their career .
- Five policies were discussed during the meeting . There were briefings had frequently exchanged around the world during the sessions , particularly from the Number Resource Organization (NRO), Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA), and other Regional Internet Registries, such as : APNIC, Lacnic, and RIPE NCC.
- Sponsors of the meeting , Sudatel, dot Africa, Vision Valley, Internet Society, Organisation Internationale de la Francophonie (OIF) , and Seacom.
- The next meeting of the African Internet Summit will be held in Lusaka, Zambia, in the period from 9-21 June 2013.